Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hotman the penultimate pengacara

As he bails after his brilliant jurisprudence* failed to convince Indonesia's highest court of anything much, Shappers Corby's lawyer Hotman...



... Paris Hutapea shares some of the deep moral and philosophical underpinnings that drive his unending quest for justice:

"I want to buy the new model Ferrari. So, I have to make more money now," said the self-proclaimed playboy who is renowned for the diamonds and the pistols he wears under his designer suits. "I'm getting bored of all my old cars."
And I'm a firm believer in the right to a fair trial, and the incorporation of international jurisprudential norms into Indonesian law, and am satisfied by the social progress my meaningful work has achieved...
"I have everything that every man dreams of," he said. "I work from 6am to 6pm. Then I go to the best hotels and I find the best bottle of wine, of course, with a beautiful movie star.

"That's a pretty good life, isn't it?

"I am a playboy, but I am always a good husband and father when they need me."


Who could doubt it?!


(*And perhaps other less noble methods...)

No comments: