Monday, October 03, 2005

Grogblog with 'gnac

Anyone want to join me for a drink?

The weekend of 14/15 October was suddenly looking pretty vacant, and I thought I'd see if anyone who passes through here is up for a low-key grogblog at one or more of my favourite haunts.

I'm thinking Friday the 14th, from about 8pm, at possibly my favourite Melbourne bar the Wesley Anne in Northcote.

Details on the Wesley Anne here:
250 High Street, Northcote Tel. 9482 1333 ...unique atmosphere reminiscent of an old-style gothic church... decor is very dim and prediminantly lit with candles and large open fire places... unusual and appealing drawing plenty of unfussy young locals in their casual gear.
It's got character and an interesting bohemian crowd, but is usually chilled enough for good conversation. It's also within a scrape and a jump of 3 other great bars, Terra Firma, Northcote Social Club and 303, as well as some good feeding spots. My thinking is- let people eat first then come. Meeting new people at a dinner where you can't move around is hard work, which is why I missed the last blog gathering.

If you can't make Friday but Saturday would be fine, speak now or forever hold your peace. I'm not expecting a huge crowd given my Beta-blogger status, but I can confirm that at least a couple of interesting personalities will be there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please move to Sydney...
I need grog buddys!

Armagnac Esq said...

But then we'd never be able to find a decent bar! Sorry mate, you'll have to move to melba...

R.H. said...

Eating with people who have manners is agony for RH.
But thanks. How nice. Well now, I'll have a glass of wino's delight: Metho and Fanta. Miss Brownie will have a lemonade - just to be safe. Keep her on it and she's no one's.

Anonymous said...

One is perusing one's extensive social calendar a la Strayan Princess... Looking good so far..
Cast Iron Balcony

(Hmm, which takes more time, typing in the Secret Anonymous code or my Blogger ID, which I stupidly made really long? Hate these Blogger comments...)

Armagnac Esq said...

Cast Iron, twood be good!

Blogger comments are a pain, but they've improved.. try using the "other" option which now functions like a normal blog comment and lets you put your page in...

Armagnac Esq said...

Cool. It was friday unless anyone had strong objections, and no-one has expressed any so I think that's the go.. i'll put a final note up...

salom said...

rijbewijs kopen
comprare patente