Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Empty sick feeling

I don't like fighting. I don't think I want to be a litigator, fighting seems to come naturally to me, but I don't like it. Neither do I want a job where I get so pissed off that I get angry at my family or friends over things that are inconsequential.

I don't like having assumptions made about my time. I don't consider the fact that I was in Melbourne and had some free time good reason to be angry that I didn't go out and do some shopping.

I don't think the inconvenience of having the milk run out is worth being angry over. This is what makes people become bitter at each other. It's unimportant, unless you think making a point about it is worth hours or days of unhappiness.

They say depression makes people turn to comedy. I've started a little offshoot on an impulse today, to play with a satirical moment or three- the Press Gallery.*

Pop across from time to time and get the latest off-the-record briefings from my mystery sources in the nation's capital. I don't know about you, but I need a smile...

*UPDATE: No, that didn't help, and I know I don't have time to devote to any more projects, so I'm deleting it before I pick up any momentum. If anyone wants a damn fine URL for some political satire, register pressgallery.blogspot and post away.

I've turned to Iced Coffee and a Meatball Sub for comfort.

2 comments:

BwcaBrownie said...

Oh those meatball subs! the perfect antidote to being on the receiving end of Transference Of Agression, that very widespread contagion from persons who are Completely Wrapped in Producing Directing and starring in a Major/Minor theatrical event.
As a matter of fact I've got it now. I got it from my closest 32 year old relative because she is about to get on a plane to a hurricane zone, after being doorbitch at The Hives tonight, as well as missing her 2 cats at my house already, and stressing over leaving her retail business in the hands of friends. She screamed at me by email because I posted about finding a place for a band to sleep, other than at her place (what with everything else an all). *sigh* Iced coffee you say? did you make it with Kahlua?

Armagnac Esq said...

Oh I wish!