Thursday, June 29, 2006

Jobs for lawyers, Top Tier firm-ament

Via Crooked Timber, the Anonymous Law Firm:
Our lawyers provide a range of billable services to clients, and are familiar with many of the things that attorneys ought to understand. Our global presence reflects the existence of offices worldwide.
What's scary is that for those of us who've worked in a law firm, it doesn't read as a parody, especially when you get to the online job application:

Mental and/or physical disabilities (check all that apply):

( ) I seek some amount of social interaction and/or intellectual stimulation in my job
( ) I have trouble following mindless orders from people I don't trust or respect
( ) I have other interests outside of work
( ) I have a family
( ) I require sleep

5 comments:

cristy said...

Yep, and there in lies the reason that I only lasted 12 months...

Oh, and the fact that I was doing very little of positive value for the world (pro bono work excepted).

Anonymous said...

Investment banking has similar job requirements. Luckily Gen Y isn't going to stand for it. According to a new study discussed on 'Business Sunday' Gen Y workers rarely stay in a role for more than 2 years.

BwcaBrownie said...

scary stupid.

"our lawyers are familiar with MOST (but not all?) of the things they ought to be".

run away. do not go there unless it is to apply as the LITERATE WRITER they need.

Armagnac Esq said...

=)

Someone didn't read the whole site...

BwcaBrownie said...

oh gimme a break, I'm moving house and my mind and body have both gone MIA.

so it's satire, I find on following the second link (since the first link provided no clue) -

"Associates who eat take-out meals for dinner at least 6 times per week, ordered through the corporate intranet, showed significant progress toward self-actualization and an afterlife spent in nirvana.