Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Metromaniac

Armaniac has been slapping the credit card around and made some acquisitions:

Wedding suit- black, long cut, with a dash of matrix. No waistcoat. To be worn shirt open with loose cravat underneath. Armaniac is a big fan of cravats worn loose underneath. Raw silk cravats, rubbing against the neck- it's slightly arousing.

Wedding Band- to be made by hand, white gold, original design by moi, that's all I'm saying.

Runners- ASICS, unfunky looking, but best for bouncing up the hill and leaping over small aggressive dogs.

Trainers (runners for having coffee in)- All Stars. Grey with pin-stripes, so I don't look too much like I'm trying to be 18. Though I am. Funkier looking than they sound, I promise.

Work Shoes- Florsheims, black leather but comfy with bits of trainer (see above) incorporated into the design. Also good for having coffee in. Will be road-tested at Salsa class shortly.

Pooh Bah- Very Irresistible by Givenchy, tones of mocha and spices but freshened by a minty cusp.

Ear Balm (digital)- Albums by Bloc Party and Starsailor. Have not been able to remove Starsailor from the CD player in my head. Keep humming the depressing line
"don't you know you got your daddy's eyes, and daddy was an alcoholic"
to the point where I need a good G&T and an hour with Kylie's Greatest Hits.

Bring it on, I'm ready for Spring. Wherever you are.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are so many weddings coming up... even reading about people buying their wedding suit and wedding band makes me excited because I just got an e-mail from a good friend who invited me to her wedding at the end of November and I can't wait to attend... all good things come to those who wait :-)

Spring. Ahhh!

miaballerina said...

Wedding attire and band both sound just wonderful :)
Pin stripe cons sound awesome - where on earth do you get those?! I may have to investigate for Mr Trixi - his are getting a little pongy, and the navy blue colour is getting old.
As for the runners, buy a copy of Kathryn Eisman's "How to tell a man by his shoes" and look up "Tennis Shoe". But I understand the need for them.
Pat the small aggressive dogs instead of jumping over them :) Unless it's a Chiuaua.. those are mean :(

BwcaBrownie said...

Fragrantly Steppin' Out!

(Wear-in those wedding winklepickers before The Day. )

Armagnac Esq said...

Winklepickers? I'm afraid I go ocker for footwear- black RM williams are more likely.

As for the Cons, the place to score them, and generally do madarse shopping, is the upper bit of smith street, collingwood, between johnston st and alexandra parade. Bags, underwear, the works, in a string of warehouse apartments.

Good cafes and bars nearby too, which is always important!

miaballerina said...

Ooohh wonderful!! Thank you!! I'm in Melbourne from the 26th of this month while Mr Trixi is recording, so on the sly, I'll buy him a pair :)

my said...

rijbewijs kopen
comprare patente