Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Cat Fear

We have a cleaner who comes once a fortnight. We have a cat we love like a child. He's a beautiful cream burmese with a heart of gold. Naturally, he's an indoor cat, I don't want him eating birds or getting squashed under some bogan's penis replacement. So he isn't streetwise, to put it mildly. He wouldn't last very long if he strolled off up the road. He only goes out in our enclosed yard, under supervision. The cleaner knows this, they've been told this is the most important thing in the world to us. Repeatedly.

They outsourced the job to someone else. This in itself could be ok, they mentioned it to us first. The new person must have left the front door open. I came home and the cat was in the little garden next to the road, soaking wet, crying. He'd been outside for hours in the rain. We were so lucky he hadn't strayed from the house. I was so angry I couldn't string a sentence together on the phone to beloved.

We've spoken to the cleaner, they've given assurances. But I don't know, if people can't respect what's most important to you, how can you trust the fuckorgans inside your house? If they fucked up, and the cat was killed, they'd pay big time.

I'll be a psycho dad one day, I can see it.

7 comments:

Apples said...

Wow, how intense!

1. Sorry to hear your cat got soggy, I'm sure he was absolutely petrified, the poor dear.

2. I don't trust those cleaning services as far as I can throw them. Apparently, we have an excellent service doing our workplace, though my personal items go missing on a regular basis unless I lock everything up.

Some people, pah. No respect. It's like you have to beat them senseless to get a word to sink in.

Apples said...

Disclaimer: I have never beaten anyone senseless, though there have been times where I wish I did.

Anonymous said...

"getting squashed under some bogan's penis replacement"

Ahahahahaha ahahah ahahaha. That's what I call big manly cars too! That or smallpenismobiles.

I was ropable when my partner's mother let our cat out of our room, just through leaving the door open. We live on a main road and Ziggy is an inside princess. She has a little outside cat run now, and partner's mother was sternly told off by partner.

The point of all that was, I understand kitty protectiveness. She's my little fur-faced baby girl!

GS said...

Perhaps after this little foray into the big bad world soggy moggy (oops damp but pampered oriental) will be too afraid to leave his princedom, if the door is left open in future.

But sack your cleaners anyway. Does this mean they have 'outsourced' the key to your house too?

BwcaBrownie said...

SACK THE DAMN CLEANERS. CHANGE THE DAMN LOCKS. AND READ SOME LEGAL PRECEDENTS - YOU DO NOT HAVE A LEGAL LEG TO STAND ON IF ANYBODY KILLS YOUR PET. i GET really UPSET BY ANIMAL OR CHILD CRUELTY OF ANY KIND. SACK THOSE CLEANERS SO THEY NEVER LET IT HAPPEN TO ANY OTHER PETS.

Armagnac Esq said...

ADAM said:

....been on hols, so just catching up on you today. Loving the latham coverage and having a few laughs along the way! Keep on!

(ED:sorry mate, but I'm not leaving any attempts to name me on the site, whether correct or not...)

miaballerina said...

If anyone did that to my precious poochies, I'd bash them with a baguette. I'm so glad your kitty is okay, give her a hug for me :(