Monday, October 27, 2008

Cub goes quiet

Hardly a twitch for two days. I was brushing it off, playing down Beloved's concerns. Inside was a growing lump of dread. We are too close now, he is too real.

He is my boy, my little Cub.

Friends recently experienced such loss. I couldn't imagine their world or how they kept going, they were so much stronger than I could be if I were dropped into that place. Hell is real, Hell is sewn into the arteries of a parent who has lost a child.

As Leonard Cohen puts it:

Like a baby stillborn... I have torn, everyone, who reached out to me.


Cub is back in action, a little restrained but with enough vigour that we're taking in breath again.

I want to wrap his mum up in cotton wool and carry them both through the next 3 months...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh that sounds awful.
Good luck with the little cub.

Anonymous said...

Thank god he's all right. There's nothing worse. Good luck for the coming months.

Anonymous said...

They do go quiet like that sometimes. It's horrible!

*W/V is GESTO. I kid you not. Ha ha! Kid... get it... anyway.