Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Today we argued in front of our Bear

This was over nothing real, but we did not stop. Bear watched with uncertainty. I kept trying to end it on a neutral note as I did not want to leave things bad. I accepted fault, I often do. I wish Beloved had allowed me to finish it quickly.

I ran to the station without self awareness, running across roads and past other people whose faces didn’t register. This is not a good thing and I trust it will pass, but Bear cannot be allowed to see it.

Arguing damages.

4 comments:

Zoe said...

So does repression and unnatural silences. A tiny bit of shouting never killed anyone ;)

JahTeh said...

Not letting Bear see that arguments do finish and love remains is bad.

Armagny said...

Love has since been amply demonstrated. Laughs aplenty have been had.

Anonymous said...

Watching you argue (as opposed to fighting) is how your kids learn to sort through problems. So long as you can demonstrate that you argue respectfully, that you don't put each other down or bring up That Thing You Did 17 years Ago that isn't relevant anyway, your kids will be fine.

My parents never every argued in front of me, it took me all of my 20s to work out how to sort through problems with partners.