Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I've decided to transition....

Sorry for the inconvenience this will cause the handful of you who've linked or put this site in favourites.

I'm going to keep the narrative of the wedding preparation going, but broaden the scope of the site a bit. I thought about the wise counsel of a certain commenter who pointed out that the gift of a printout of this site might be akin to a cat dropping a dead mouse on its owner's bed. Beloved doesn't mind me writing about personal stuff on a blog, but I don't know how a dedicated site that uses terminology stolen from a book about affairs would go down, and we are going through so much testing at the moment I don't need to add to it.

This site will shortly become something idiotic to do with Armagnac. Why? Because it's a magnificent spirit, and when I'm melancholy I often deliberate on spirits (though my budget usually only gets to about Glenfiddich).

I hope you'll stay with me; I'll continue to post about the wedding, just that I'll keep it to the more traumatic stuff that's worth writing about and discussing.

And unlike previous projects I'll avoid letting politics become too dominant: I'm thinking short pithy political observations with links, coupled with longer personal pieces where I enjoy the writing better.

Sorry to be so navel gazing, stay with me...

2 comments:

BwcaBrownie said...

don't add to 'the testing' - hold that thought.
organise your 150 printouts, and stamped envelopes (addressed from the wedding acceptances address list) and put it all at the bottom of the honeymoon bags. don't laugh. prompt Thanks ensures another 150 pressies in a year when the sproglet arrives.

ess said...

rijbewijs kopen
comprare patente