Saturday, September 15, 2007

Baby Gaol

We has it.

Baby Bunting at its most literal. Bear rode around in her Bjorn, facing out from me, her willing mule, flapping her arms, kicking her legs, cackling every time mum turned around. Kids everywhere, some even smaller than a Bear.

I followed my girls around as we saw gates, playpens, toys, clothes and strollers. I kept an arm around her, smelled her hair, enjoyed, as always, the mere being there a part of things. Strollers are $200 or more a pop but the good stuff's free. And dads can't afford to take anything Saturday for granted.

3 comments:

Splatters said...

"But Every Saturday is Father's Day".

I think he most valuable thing you have to give your children is time spent with them.

Anonymous said...

I've never known anyone to enjoy a trip there. Most of the couples look ready to implode (much like the end of Ikea) and one of my friends calls it something rather rude by changing just one letter. I suspect it's all the decisions you have to make there (as well as the potential for dropping a couple of thousand bucks to set yourselves up babywise) which all seem incredibly important and But My Baby Will Die if I Choose Wrongly etc etc.

I'm glad you were able to get through it without all that, and even more that we got a lot of hand-me-downs and avoided it.

Ann ODyne said...

Baby Gaol indeed.
and what happens in gaol ?
the inmates drag their tin cups across the bars to make a racket.
Let me out! Let me out!
Let me get to the xmas tree and wreck it!
wishing you luck!